Former US President Donald Trump stated that he is not engaged in talks with Iran nor offering the country concessions, asserting that American forces had "totally obliterated" Tehran's nuclear sites in recent strikes.
Trump's remarks, shared on Truth Social earlier today, came after reports suggested his administration had considered facilitating Iran's access to up to $30 billion for a civilian nuclear energy program. Such a move would represent a significant shift from Trump's 2018 decision to withdraw from the Obama-era nuclear deal, which he had criticized for unfreezing Iranian assets and providing financial relief to Tehran.
In his post, Trump wrote:
Tell Senator Chris Coons that I am not offering Iran ANYTHING, unlike Obama, who gave them billions under the flawed nuclear agreement (which would now be expired!). I’m not even speaking to them since we completely destroyed their nuclear sites.
For context: Chris Coons, a Democratic member of the Senate foreign relations committee, noted last week that it was premature to assess the full extent of damage caused by US airstrikes on Iran’s nuclear program.
Coons told MSNBC:
We should avoid politicizing intelligence assessments. Whether it’s President Trump declaring the entire program destroyed—which seems premature—or evaluating specific damage to sites and capabilities, accuracy matters.
France, Germany, and UK criticize Iran over UN nuclear agency dispute
France, Germany, and the UK have expressed concern over Iran’s criticism of Rafael Grossi, head of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), after Tehran refused his request to visit nuclear facilities struck by Israel and the US.
Iranian officials accused Grossi of failing to condemn the attacks, and lawmakers voted to reduce cooperation with the IAEA.
In a joint statement, the three nations said:
We condemn threats against the IAEA director general and reaffirm our support for the agency. Iran must refrain from disrupting cooperation and should fully comply with its obligations while ensuring the safety of IAEA personnel.
Read next
Over 1 million people gather in Madrid for outdoor mass with Pope Leo
Over one million people gathered in Madrid for an open-air mass led by Pope Leo. During the service, the American pontiff highlighted the contradiction between Christian principles and far-right ideology, stating, “No one can kneel before the Lord and despise their brother.”
Crowds began forming hours before dawn on Sunday
Xi Jinping visits Pyongyang to strengthen China-North Korea relations
Xi Jinping has begun a two-day visit to North Korea, marking his first trip to the country in nearly seven years as he seeks to strengthen relations with the ally.
Footage from the Xinhua state news agency showed the Chinese leader and his wife, Peng Liyuan, arriving at Sunan international
Denmark's mullet championship celebrates the 'beautifully ugly' and divisive hairstyle
Copenhagen recently hosted the 2026 Mullet Championship, where more than 1,000 spectators gathered on an outdoor stage to celebrate the enduring hairstyle characterized by short hair in the front and length in the back.
Twelve participants competed in the event, which was organized by 37-year-old electrician Steffen Stiw Weber.